Saturday, March 9, 2013

I watched it begin again.



Hey there my blog readers! It's been a few months since I last updated, and I apologise for that. Actually, I don't think anyone reads by blog anymore, given the fact that it has already been dead for quite a while, haha. However, to those who still read this pathetic blog of mine, I really appreciate for taking your time off to constantly check for updates on here. Thank you.

Anyway, school had been really hectic. A week after school reopened, the teachers decided to be merciless. They give us a shitload of homework almost everyday, and even more on Fridays, because, well, obviously they think that we're super free on weekends, which is NOT true at all. Guess what, I have 6 tuition classes from Friday to Monday every week, and they are all 2 hour lessons. Excluding the time taken to do my homework, the only free time I have left is to sleep. Yes, sleep. Now, because  topics are getting tougher and I need more time to do homework, I have to adjust to sleeping at at least 12am everyday. Consequences of sleeping late, you ask? Black eye patches, eye bags, body fatigue and having a low level of concentration in class. Imagine the amount of information I have to process everyday with only at least 6 hours or less of sleep.

Apart from homework, there's class tests conducted every week too. I don't know why, but every time I do practice questions in class, I'm okay with it. However, during class tests, I panic, so I end up not completing the entire paper. Probably it's because I have a phobia of taking tests? Haha. Choir has been ending late too, at 6pm plus. This year is the year of SYF, and all secondary school  performing arts groups need to prepare for this prestigious event early as it is a biannual competition held to assess the qualities of PAGs of various schools. There's only a month left till the competition starts, and we're almost done with learning the 3 songs we've prepared for the competition. I hope we'll get at least the 2nd highest grade, though our choir size is super small.  

Overall, welcome to the life of a struggling Secondary 4 student from Singapore. Below is a quick update on the events which happened in January and February. Enjoy.

   ~January~

  • Back to school; our new form teachers are Mr Thong and Mr Teo.
  • Trip to Ngee Ann Poly. Received a free NP t-shirt afer doing the NP cheer shamelessly. Was given a free goodie bag and toured around the campus with Aishah. Played a quick game on real estate stuff with students from other school in the School of Design And Environment and I was the winner. Potential real estate agent here! *winks*
  • Release of O Level results. I'm proud to be a BBSSian. Well done batch of 2012!

~February~

  • MLA Day 1: Career Day + Dining Etiquette lesson. All of us looked super glamorous in our office style outfits. Dining etiquette practical lesson was held in Breek's Cafe, located at Changi airport. Sean was my date of the day. Took lots of photos and a couple of videos hehehehe.
  • MLA Day 2: NE quiz + visit to ArtScience Museum + mural painting. The quiz was fun, and I almost achieved all the badges, damn it! I liked the Lego exhibition at the museum the most, very nostalgic. The other exhibits were not bad either. Grouped up with Jazz, PY, YT & Siti for mural painting. The instructor's name was Mr Bradley and he's a Caucasian ^o^ He's super friendly and nice towards us!
  • MLA Day 3: Fencing! Had 3 good battles with Syafiqah. I only won 1/3 battles, sigh. Thinking of taking up a short fencing course after the O's!
  • CNY celebrations. This year's was super boring compared to the previous three years. I don't see the need as to having lessons on that day at all. Shouldn't we be embracing the occasion instead of studying, even if it's just for a day? 
  • Valentine's Day. Nothing to say, except that I was showered with gifts and cards from my girlfriends. Had Chemistry O Level SPA on the same day itself. Everything was cool.
  • CT1. Flunked my Physics and Chemistry papers, ugh. I only love my English and History marks. Oh well, guess it's time to pull up my socks and learn from my mistakes!

This week was horrible. We received back our  test papers, teachers got really mad at us, and a BBSSian passed away after having a long battle with cancer. During morning assembly today, we observed a minute of silence for Farah, the BBSSian who passed away. A classmate of her's cried. To be honest, my heart broke a little too. I could feel my tears were on the verge of falling. I didn't know her at all, but I have to say, she has a strong heart. Despite having cancer, she comes to school everyday. I'd see her sitting on the steps next to the ISH every morning after the end of morning assembly, chatting with a few of her close friends. She'd wear a purple scarf around her bald head, and sometimes sit in a wheelchair. She looked very fragile, like a piece of porcelain vase, but I'd see her smiling everyday. Like nothing could pull her down, you know? Looking at her makes me realize that we should treasure whatever we have now, because chances are, we'll die someday, but we just don't know when.




No comments:

Post a Comment