Saturday, August 25, 2012

Oppa Gangnam Style!

image



Alright, so I haven't touched this dusty blog for a long time now, because I was too damn 
busy with my life till today. And yes, I'm not sorry for not updating this blog, because I'm just so arrogant like that, haha. Plus, you can't expect a Singaporean student like me to be constantly updating this blog because it's just so hard to find time in between weekends to use the computer, or even taking a quick nap in the afternoon. Yes, that's how hard my life is now.

Since I'm on the topic of my strenuous life, here's a quick fact: The O' Level Chemistry SPA test is on the SAME DAY AS MY BIRTHDAY ITSELF, 3RD OCTOBER. ARARARARARA, WHY OH WHYYYYYYYY. My birthday is forever cursed in secondary school, I tell you. One of the main reasons why I'm currently hating my birthday for these 4 years. Hopefully there won't be any such unlucky events happening on the same day as my birthday in that year itself, or else I'll have to......I don't know, but blame the society for letting me enter the world so early, hahahahaha. Seriously, once my O's  are over, I need to go on a decent vacation, or if not, have at least a good birthday party with my bffls. 

Oh yes, and surprisingly, I'm addicted to Gangnam Style. Being a not-so-enthusiastic-but-still-enjoys-some-of-kpop kpop fan, I actually like the song. As in, yes, literally LIKE it. Here are 3 reasons why I like it:


  1. Wacky yet funny. The song seemed to look like an intended parody of Party Rock Anthem, but in Korean. The singer, the props, the backup dancers...they all accumulate up to the wackiness and humor of the song. 
  2.  Catchy. The introduction music is not that obvious, but when the singer calls out 'Oppa Gangnam Style', it attracts your attention immediately. In addition, the phrase is very easy to remember and pronounce, hence the reason being it catchy.
  3. The easy dance moves. The dance move is really easy, it's just a standing up position of crossing your wrists while pulling the reins of a horse. In the easier term, it's as easy as being a cowboy. 
3 reasons why I dislike it:
  1. Hyuna. I'm not hating on her, but I have to admit, her makeup in that video was atrocious. Her eyebrows are too overdone that you can barely even notice them! I wonder if her makeup artist for the video is even a certified one. Her outfits are cute though.
  2. The bus scene where the aunties seemed to be enjoying the music. I don't think they even enjoy the music, or like it. I mean, come on, look at their faces! They're faking it because they are forced to, it's just that the director doesn't want to get sued, that's all.
  3. The scenes where the singer has to go below a person's body. Imagine yourself being him. It's just so gross, eww. 
To sum it up, Gangnam Style is not bad if you skip those weird/gross/fake parts in the video. Overall, I'd give it a 7/10.

That's all for tonight my amigos. Here's my love sending goodnight kisses to you all, awww <3

image

No comments:

Post a Comment