Thursday, May 26, 2011

Universal Studios!

*LATE UPDATE* 


Saturday, 21 May, 2011
UNIVERSAL STUDIOS ♥,

Hellooooo there!  As you can see from the title, I had a blast today :DD Yup, it was super duper extremely fun! It is located in Resorts World Sentosa, and actually, the trip was unexpected :P



Woke up early in the morning at 7am today, because my mum wanted to bring my aunt and bro to a tourist attraction, so that they know how Singapore feels like (I think?). At first, she suggested going to the zoo, but then, it was kind of boring to see only animals, thus, she changed her mind. My dad, mum, aunt, bro and I set off at somewhere 8.30am, and it was drizzling outside. We're worried that it might rain in Sentosa, and our whole excursion would be ruined, but thank god it's ok! *phew* 

Firstly, we went to the Madagascar area. My dad stayed outside, because he had to go and redeem a $10 retail voucher at the guest services lobby. The four of us were exploring the area, when we came across a signboard that says:


Feeling curious, we decided to go in. We had to queue up in a long line for almost 1 hour! >< Our turn finally came, and we sat on a boat which seats 20 people. We travelled along a stream, and entered a ship. Th inside was dark at first, and there were shadows here and there. The figures also popped out to talk & blahblahblah, and after 10 mins exploring in the tunnel, we're finally back out in the open~

Next stop: Sci-fi City!



My dad, bro & I decided to try Battlestar Galatica, since we've heard from others that the ride was thrilling. There were 2 different types: the red & blue one. My bro said that the red one is much safer, but the blue one is more thrilling. Being first-time Battlestar Galatica riders, we rode on the red instead of the blue one. We had to wait in a long queue for 1 hour, and by the time I reached inside the ride, my legs were aching!

      ~Battlestar Galatica~

When we 3 musketeers finally reached the separate waiting line for the ride, we almost collapsed. We saw the the people before us getting ready for the ride, and all of us waiting in the line waved good luck to the people in the ride, regardless of whether we're strangers or not. POOF, and off they went (:

I could hear the people screaming away while waiting for our turn. After a while, the batch before us were back. They went over to the other side, wore their shoes/sandals, and left. Our turn was next. 

*DEN DEN DEN DENNN, DEN DEN DEN DENNN~* ><

I was a little nervous, because I was scared that I might faint or have a heart attack :O The group of us took out our shoes and left it at the other side. We also strapped on our seat belts, and pulled down the restraint nice and tight, so that we won't fall off during the ride. The staff checked if we were secure, and lastly flagged us off.

We were slowly propelled 14 storeys high to the climax, and after that, we were zooming rapidly down the track at approximately 90km/h! That was super fast, I tell you. Yours truly had to hold on to her dear spectacles tightly, not daring to open her eyes and enjoy the ride. Halfway through, I felt like there was a war occurring in my stomach, and my heart pumping rapidly like a mad horse. I also felt nauseous and giddy at the same time, but I tolerated all these all the way till the ride ended.

When I got off the ride, I felt a tad bit like a drunkard. Although the ride was scary, it was superbly AWESOME. ^^ We went through an exit, which led us into the merchandise store. There was a big screen near the cashier, showcasing the photos taken for us during our ride. When I saw my face, I looked so unglam! :X My hair was flying all over my face, and I was burying my head in my hands. Worst still, my dad bought that photo!! Damnnn.

Next stop: Ancient Egypt!



We didn't really do anything there though, because I heard from my friends and elder bro that the Revenge Of The Mummy rollercoaster ride was damn scary. It goes at very high speeds, and even goes backward, then forward again! Damn, what if there was a loophole? Wouldn't we be stuck hanging there upside-down? Also, the waiting time was 2 HOURS!! >.< Of course, I can't always make my mum and aunt stay outside waiting for us with growling stomachs, while we 3 musketeers were off enjoying our rides, could I? So we just took some photos here and there, with Mr.Lunch waiting for us somewhere~ (:

Next stop: New York!



Feeling famished, my family and I walked here and there, in search of food. The restaurants were costly, so we settled down for a nice meal of roti prata. My bro and dad ordered the food at a stall, while my mum, aunt and I sat down on and reserve (or choppe) the seats, near a......fast food restaurant? We took a few shots nearby before lunch was being served. After that, we literally wolved down our food.

After lunch, we decided to continue exploring New York As we were walking down the road, a staff member motioned us to enter a building.


My dad just told us to followed him, and when we entered the huilding, the first thing I saw was posters of famous movies back from the nineties' being pasted on the walls and hung from the ceiling. We, again, had to wait in a long queue before we could go in. When we went in, the staff briefed us on the do's and don'ts. After that, we're off to another room, just next door. We had to stand and watch the show. The staff came in again, and told us that we're going to experience a category 5 hurricane o.o 

There was a tiny tv in the middle of the scence, broadcasting fake emergency headlines on the hurricane. Just then, the connection was cut off, and the windows started to get blown  away by the strong winds. The thunder was also crashing loudly, and suddenly, a ship bursted into the scene! The ground also bumped up a little. Then, it was the end (:

Next stop: The Lost World!


We had actually wanted to go on the Rapids Adventure ride, but the waiting time was 2 hours!!  So, in the end, we took some photos, walked here and there, and finally found this sign waiting for us:


We saw a huge mob of crowd moving in that direction, and without thinking, our family followed the crowd too. The show was fascinating, with the actors and actress (yes, only 1 actress!) going up and down, falling/diving into the waters, using guns/rifles and speedboats. It was so cool :3

Next stop: Far Far Away!  


King Shrek and Queen Fiona's kingdom ;)

The place really looked as real as the kingdom shown in the cartoon. So realistic :D Anyway, we firstly took a few shots of the area, and didn't know what to do next. Luckily, a staff was calling out about some donkey live show on the left. Feeling weird, we just followed the crowd, again. 


 See that? Donkey Live! @ Hooks Knight Club ;D

Anyways, the show was a teeny weeny bit boring, but it was really interactive and....hyper! LOL XD Donkey sang his ''hit song'', I Smell Good, at the beginning, and after that, he asked Rosaline (the woman in red) where in the world was he. He was like, "Vietnam? No? Then....where are we?" Hahaha XD He also asked for an ogre in green to step out, and Rosaline chose a Fillipino teenager sitting at the front row, clad in a green shirt, to step out and join in the fun. He did funny stuff, like smelling his armpit and making a farting noise. How disgusting :P A young Caucasian girl was also asked to stand up, as she looked like a princess! Lol XD She used her magic words to make Donkey float up, and Donkey was so scared until he didn't open his eyes! Man, what an interactive show it was (:


Last stop: Hollywood!



This was our very last stop of the day ): I was very very reluctant to go home, as I had not completed all the rides yet, and the place was super duper fun ;/ Before going through the exiting gate, all of us decided to buy some souvenirs home (: I wanted to buy a polo tee, but it was kinda expensive, so I decided to buy a cap instead. Oh, and I haven't own a cap since about 6 years ago, so yeah, I really needed that to block me out from the UV rays ;) 

So, we bought 2 tees--- 1 for my uncle, & the other for my younger bro. My dad used one of the retail vouchers first, and then waited for the rest of us to pick out ours. My mum and aunt bought 2 small Universal Studios ball keychains, including my cap. However, the terms and conditions of the retail voucher stated we need to spend a minimum of $35 in order to get the discount. So, my dad asked me to buy something that I liked and below $10, & sure enough, I picked out a white mechanical pencil ^^ Ahh, finally the shopping spree is done.

Oh oh, and while I was shopping in the souvenir store, I saw Marilyn Monroe, Frankenstein, Woodpecker and Puss in Boots!! >.< I wanted to take a picture with Puss in Boots, but the queue for the photo shoot was very long, so I decided not to take the photo instead. While I was waiting outside with my mum and aunt for my dad and bro to finish paying the money, I spotted Marilyn Monroe walking towards my direction! And Woodpecker too! Both of them waved at me, and I just stood there dumbly, waving back to them. Gosh, I'm sucha dumbass XD

This day will be listed as one of my most memorable days EVER :D 

Byeee amigos! 




Disclaimer: All photos are NOT taken by me, unless stated otherwise. They belong rightfully to their respective owners, and they all came from Google Images. Thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment